Monday, October 17, 2011

1st trip away from home without Momma and Daddy!

So...it has been a BUSY week!  We started painting the downstairs last Sunday and the work just hasn't slowed down till today!  I haven't posted at all in the last several days bc of that!  Anyways...one of days last wk was spent at my parents house for my Dad's Birthday!  It was kinda a last minute thing, but it turned out so good!  We had a great dinner, great cake, and a great time sitting around the bonfire roasting marshmellows! 





The other big event for us was the fact that we let our boys go with Nonna and Papa to their Aunt Paulina's house all the way in Arkansas!  They left on Friday morning and didn't get home till Sunday afternoon.  It was so weird not having them around!  I kept thinking, "What did I do before I had kids?".  Before you have kids, you obviously don't know any different.  Let me tell you though, it feels odd to only be responsible for yourself after you are used to being in charge of that plus two small kids!  I woke up on Sunday and realized that I didn't have to re-clean what I cleaned yesterday!  There was no one around to make a mess...no toys to clean...only my bed to make!  It was odd, but nice.  Nice though only for a few days!  I don't think I could have taken one more day without them!  Parker on the other hand felt differently!  Once he saw me ready to pick them up, he cried bc he didn't wanna leave!  He didn't even say hi.  He just ran and cried under the table!  Easton had a better, but a gross reaction!  My mom said that he had been constipated and had not pooped the whole trip.  She had me pick up some prunes on the way to her house and almost insisted that I instantly feed them to him.  I wanted to wait one more day.  I figured it would work itself out.  Well...it wasn't but five minutes later when he gave me his sigh of relief to see me and be somewhat home!  One explosive diaper!  I guess he could finally relax!  Gross, but somewhat sweet!  Here are some pictures that my mom texted me while they were away!





Looks like they had a good time! 



 Steven and I did get a lot done and also enjoyed our time together!  We went to La Loma's on Friday night and our waitress almost didn't recognize us without the kids!  Then on Saturday, we met my friend Ashley and her husband Michael for dinner and walked around downtown.  So all in all....it was a great and unusual wkend!  And...I was glad it was over and I got to once again see my kiddos!  That is...until this morning when they woke up screaming and fighting!  I threatened to send them back to Arkansas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment