Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BROOKS" NURSERY!

So...We decided that it was time to update the nursery for little Brooks.  We didn't change it for Easton because everything was still so new and it didn't seem necessary.  This time though, the walls were getting dingy and scratched, the bumper was losing its form, and the room in general needed a face lift. 

I decided to go with a nautical theme without the red, white, and blue color scheme.  Marcie helped me come up with the idea of grey, yellow, and aqua.  In fact, Marcie helped me with a lot of things in this room.  Between a few fun shopping days on our vacation trip in Florida with Steven, and a very successful shopping day at Homegoods with Marcie, we had bought all that we needed!  Luckily...I hadn't found out yet that I had been laid off at work or I might not have gone through with the redesign project!

I still have a few things that need to be done, but it is coming together well!  I hope you all like it as much as we do!  But...taking pictures of a room with a cell phone is a hard thing to do!  It really does look better in person!
 The hardest thing about this room was painting those chevron stripes!  Lots of work, but I think well worth it!  And guess what...I did it all by myself...the same girl who can't hang a curtain rod level!  I think being determine to prove that I could do it helped!
 Oh and by the way...the bumper is from Pottery Barn Kids.  To all of you pregnant ladies reading this, it was well worth the money spent!  It is so thick and sturdy!  So...if you are debating on one from there and a cheaper one, go for the PB!  It, even though pricey, isn't something I regret in the least!
 This is to show you the light fixture.

 The top of the dresser...I still need to change out the picture in the frame to one of the baby once he arrives!
 Steven and I found that seashell lying on the beach in Cozumel.  I thought it added a special little touch.  I have never found a shell that nice before!


  Here is the closet! 

Well...that's all!  I can't wait to show baby Brooks his new room!  It probably isn't as comfy as my belly, but I think he will like it!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out so beautiful! Impressed by your painting skills and how put-together everything is! Brooks will be a lucky little boy :)

    ReplyDelete