Tuesday, August 7, 2012

39 weeks and waiting!

So...I am only 4 days away from my due date!  Anxiously awaiting to see my baby's little face, feel his fingers wrap around mine, and hear his first little cry!  I should have known that these last few weeks would be mentally challenging for me!  They always are!  I guess I kinda thought that I have learned a little more patience, but I think I am still the same ole excited momma wanting and waiting to hold her little boy!  It is so exciting to know though, that within the week, we will finally meet our precious little Brooks! 
I had my last Dr.'s appointment yesterday. 
 I could have easily been induced today.  I so wanted to say yes and schedule my 6 am arrival at the hospital, but I couldn't do it just yet!  As I waited for the Dr. to see me, I listened to my IPod and thought about what I would say when he asked me my plan.  I looked out across the parking lot and thought about so many things.  This could be my last pregnancy.  Don't rush.  Enjoy a few more kicks to my belly.  Wear that dress you only wore once.  You may never have a big belly again or wear a maternity outfit.  Don't rush.  Enjoy the surprise arrival when he decides it's time.  So...I am not saying no completely to being induced.  I may go for it on Friday, but I knew an August 7th Birthday was not meant to be.  So....for now....I still wait...still think about the possibility of him coming on his own.  I so pray that he does!  And...today...I wore that dress! 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, suuuuch a sweet post!! I was induced with my Tess on my due date, but like you I really hope I can have the patience for this little lady to be born on her own. It is really hard to say no, though, when the doctor dangles that carrot in front of you. So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete