Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Baby Brooks!

Whole...Utterly fulfilled...Completely in love...Amazed! 

   Words that only begin to express the total joy I felt on the day you, my baby Brooks, were born!  There are very few days of my life that have such meaning.  There are very few days that you wish were only possible to experience 1,000 times over again.  Very few days that you love to re-tell!  And even though you know that you have already reported the chain of events to almost everyone close to you, you rejoice in the opportunity to explain it all again...in EVERY detail!  In general, there are very few days as special as the day you deliver and meet your child.
 
  With the deliver of all of my kids I can almost recall every minute, every thought, every fear, pain, contraction, and moment of encouragement from family and friends.  A day of more clarity does not exist than on those 3 most special days. 
Meeting you, baby Brooks (that is what we are calling you) was no different than the initial Birthdays of my other 2 precious boys.  It was filled with the same happiness and joy!  The magnitude of love I felt (and feel still) is impossible to explain.

   I know as a child, I heard my Mom and Dad say "I love you", a million times, but until I had children of my own, I did not understand the depth of those words.  I am sure my kids will be the same as me, and for a long time (probably not until they are Dads themselves), will not know just how much they mean to me.

   So...little Brooks...please try to understand...that I love you more than life itself!  Meeting you was an experience that I will truly cherish forever and always, and there is nothing I wouldn't do for you.  You fulfill me in ways that I cannot express and make my heart almost explode with greatfullness!  My life was once again changed at 12:36 that wonderful August day!  I am so excited to see how your personality develops, simply watch you grow into the beautiful person I know you will be, and to see what great things God has in store for you!  It has been only 8 days since our eyes first met, but you have been written in my heart forever!  I love, love, LOVE you!  Just do me a favor and don't grow up too fast! 

   And just in case you readers are wondering... Yes, I am going to re-tell Brooks' birthday story for you also.  Just not tonight because it is 9:30pm, and I need to get prepared for those frequent night-time, newborn feedings. So...next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment